HDFC has amazed each of us by every time by providing exciting offers. But its offers do not remain limited to credit cards, it also provides same amazing offers on some of its debit card as well. You might be surprised that debit card, how & what?
But yes HDFC has brought some curated offers for debit card as well so that you can get some good rewards on your debit card payments. Now let us see what is there for us in this debit card.
HDFC Bank has two such debit cards. One is the HDFC JetPrivilege World Debit Card which has been upgraded by HDFC Bank to have unlimited domestic lounge access under the MasterCard Lounge Access Program. The second one is the RuPay Platinum Premium Debit Card.
Rupay Platinum Fees
|ATM Pin Generation||Rs.50+tax|
|Railway ticket booking |
|Railway Stations: ₹ 30 per ticket + |
1.8% of the transaction amount
IRCTC: 1.8% of the transaction amount
|Cross currency markup|
There is no such requirement mentioned any where about who can hold this card. You have to visit branch to apply for the card, you can not even apply for the card online. There only you are able to know whether you are eligible for the card or not.
Rupay Platinum Benefits
- 20% Instant discount on Swiggy & Amazon Pay on Fridays
- Register for automatic bill payments on BillPay using HDFC Bank Debit Card & receive 5% CashBack for first 12 months of registration.
- No cost EMI on purchasing some leading products like, electronics, furniture, apparels, smart phone & much more.
- Earn Up to 5% CashBack on your Debit Card on transacting through PayZapp & SmartBuy
- All promotional CashBack points earned on your Debit Card will have a validity of 3 months, post which the accumulated points will expire
- Accelerated Personal Accident Death Cover of up to Rs.10 lakhs
- Permanent disability insurance worth Rs.2 lakhs
- International Air Coverage of Rs.1 crore
- 90 days of credit repayment period.
- 8 domestic/international lounge access per year
- A nominal transaction fee of Rs.2 per access will be charged to the card.
- No fuel Surcharge
- It allows a decent ATM withdrawal of ₹25,000/day. POS Limit per day is ₹1.25 Lakh/day. Well, no one likes to deal with cash after demonetization and thus ₹25,000/day in my opinion would be enough for most of us.
- 24*7 concierge service across whole country.
This is a card providing 8 lounge access per year which is even more than offered by Regalia. But do not use this card for your regular purchase, there is credit card for that purpose. You can also check list of debit card providing lounge access to know more such kind of credit cards.
Can I use the RuPay Platinum Debit Card to pay online?
Rupay Platinum Debit Card can be used at ATM and shopping outlets Internationally as well as in India.
Where can the RuPay Platinum Debit Card be used?
This HDFC Bank RuPay Platinum Debit Card is enabled for both domestic and International transactions. You can use your debit card for shopping at Merchant outlet and cash withdrawal at both Domestic and International locations
Are there any annual charges with RuPay Platinum Debit Card?
The annual fee of the RuPay Platinum Debit Card is Rs. 150 + taxes. For more details on fees & charges please refer the section “What are the charges of the RuPay Platinum Debit Card?”
Can I use the RuPay ATM card at Merchant outlets or on Ecom website?
No, the ATM card can be used on to withdraw money from ATM machines only. The ATM cards cannot be used for payment at Merchant outlets or on Online payments