HDFC diners is one of the super premium card country has. This card was launched by HDFC in 2018 after its another super premium card HDFC Infinia Credit Card. HDFC is always a great supplier in terms of high rewarding cards. No other bank can buzz around HDFC in terms of reward structure.
As Infinia works on Mastercard & Visa. Diners club is powered by Diners Club International only. Diners Club is the company which issue credit cards & charge cards independently throughout the world. Now let’s see the reward and other benefits provided by Diners card.
Fees & Charges
|Types of charges||Amount|
|Membership Fee||Rs.10,000+ Tax|
|Interest Rate||1.99%/ month|
|Foreign currency markup||1.99%|
|Salaried||Age : Min 21 yrs & Max 60 yrs,|
Income : Net Monthly Income greater than Rs1.75 Lakhs per month
|Self employed||Age : Min 21 yrs & Max 65 yrs,|
Income : ITR more than Rs21 Lakhs per annum
Complimentary membership from following partners:
- Club Marriot
- Forbes India
- Zomato Pro
- Amazon Prime
- MMT Double Black
- Times Prime
You will get all memberships with all these partners within 90 days of issuing the card.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card holders can select any 2 benefits amongst Ola Select or cure.fit Live 1 month membership or BookMyShow or TataCLiQ vouchers worth Rs.500 every month on spends of Rs.80,000.
- Spend Rs.5 Lakhs in 12 Months and get Renewal Fee waived for next renewal year
- Spend Rs.8 Lakhs in 12 Months and get complimentary Annual Membership Benefits at the time of card anniversary
- 5RP on every Rs150 retail spend
- 1 RP = 1 Rupee
If you spend 5 lakhs in a year you will earn 17000 (approx.) as reward points, which is ~3% on spending.
Similarly, if you spend 8 lakhs in one year you will earn ~27000 reward points which is again ~3%.
The reward rate provided by HDFC is very competitive in comparison to its competitors.
Reward Point Redemption
- Redeem Rewards points for booking Air Tickets / Hotels across Airlines and Choice of hotels.
- Redeem Rewards Point for AirMiles across InterMiles, Singapore Airlines, Club Vistara.
- 1 Reward Point = 1 Airmile
- Redeem Rewards Points on exclusive reward redemption catalogue for HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Cards.
- For flight and hotel bookings, HDFC Bank Diners Club Black card members can redeem up to maximum of 70% of booking value through Reward Points. Rest will have to be paid via Credit Card.
* Rewards Points are valid only for 3 years from the date of accumulation.
Being a HDFC customer and a super premium card holder you will get amazing discounts at spas, saloons, gyms & etc.
You will get discounts at following places:
|Spa/ Salon||Tattva Spa, Enrich Salons & Academy, VLCC, O2 Spa, |
Four Fountains De- Stress Spa,
|Spa Resort||RedEarth Kabini, Tree of Life, Shreyas Retreat Bangalore, Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan, Tijara Fort Palace Rajasthan, NaturOville Vedic Retreat Rishikesh|
|Fitness||Anytime Fitness, Kris Gethin|
- Golf game across the world: 6/quarter
- International Golf courses (only for handicap)
- 24 hour golf concierge service, call 022-42320226 / # Toll free:1800 118 887 (India)
- Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
- Car Rental and Limousine Referral and Assistance
- Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Business Services
- Courier Service Assistance
HDFC Diners Black Card provides unlimited domestic & international airport lounge access. This is one of the biggest advantage of holding an Diners card. No other credit card in the country provides this big reward. Even Infinia holders have limited access to airport lounges.
Along with this Diners Card holders do not require priority pass to access international lounge. Some years back they do not provide unlimited lounge access to add on card members, but in 2019 they revised their terms and now add on card members too have unlimited lounge access facility.
One more thing I came to know is that some people are charged when they swept card for lounge or some are not charges a penny, so take care about this matter because there is no response provided by bank with this regard.
- Air accidental death coverage: Rs.2 Crore.
- Emergency overseas hospitalization: Rs.50 Lacs
- Credit Liability Cover of up to Rs.9 Lacs
- Travel Insurance Cover of up to INR 55,000 on baggage delay (Capped to 10$ per hour restricted to 8 hours)
Why Diners Black ?
I have already mentioned almost all the perks given by the card, but the most amazing of all that is not mentioned anywhere is HDFC 10X Rewards. This is the most superior reward rate provided by HDFC only.
10X Reward program has many perks which we’re not able to cover here, hence we have created a whole article on 10X Reward system. Check that to get complete idea about the program
After reading all about the card, I guess you know what should be the bottom line. If you’re thinking the same, then you’re absolutely right. If I say in simpler terms ‘ the card is super amazing’. The rewards provided is the biggest of all time plus the services are good too.
If you ever got an opportunity to get this card, definitely go for it. But, there is an issue and that is Diners Club is accepted at few places only, but still trust me there is no other amazing card we have any where than this.
HDFC every time come up with new rewards & offers, which makes them more competitive and interesting to deal with.
How do I apply for a Diners Club card?
To apply for a Diners Club card, please visit your local Diners Club website. You may also choose to contact customer service in your country of residence for additional information on applying for a card.
My card has been declined. Who can I speak with about this?
Any questions related to your Diners Club card, as well as any other account inquiries, can be answered by your local card provider. For further assistance, please visit your local Diners Club website or use the contact us area to reach a representative in your country of residence.
What do I need to access Diners Club airport lounges?
All you need is your Diners Club card to access any of the more than 1000 Diners Club airport lounges around the world. After checking into your flight, proceed to the lounge entrance and show your Diners Club card, as well as your boarding pass/ID.
Please keep in mind that any guests traveling with you will be charged a fee for their lounge visit(s).
If I add an additional cardholder to my account, can that cardholder use the card to access Diners Club airport lounges without paying a fee?
Yes. All Diners Club cardholders with valid card accounts will be granted access to any of their 1000 airport lounges worldwide.