Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card is SC’s top card of time. It has placed above SC Manhattan Credit Card. But as mentioned earlier, the rewards and offers provided by SC are not so attractive. Hence, here we are required to see that the myth is true or not.
Is this card compatible with other premium cards revolving around the country? Let us check what is offered here by Standard Chartered.
Visa Infinite Credit Card Fees & Charges
There is no fee charged for this card from its launch back in 2016 until 2021. Which shows that this is a lifetime free sort of credit card which we can say is one of the best reason for you to have this card.
- 5X RPs on spending every Rs.100 on overseas transaction & retail fashion
- 2X RPs on remaining spends
- Approx Point Value: ~ 30Ps
- Age: 18 years – 60 years
- Occupation: Available for both self-employed as well as a salaried individual
- Monetary Requirement: Rs.30,00,000 per annum for salaried as well as self-employed
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Review
Airport Lounge Access
- Visa Infinite: 4 domestic lounge access per quarter
- Priority Pass Benefit: This will provide you free PP Membership, but a visit to every lounge with PP charges $27/visit.
- Enjoy benefits of good life program providing discounts on travel, lifestyle, dining, etc.
- Medical & travel insurance of USD200,000 when traveling overseas.
- Identity Proof:
- PAN Card,
- Aadhar Card,
- Voter’s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- Ration Card
- Address Proof:
- Aadhar card,
- Voter’s ID,
- Ration Card,
- Electricity Bill,
- Lease/Rent Agreement,
- Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 12 months
- ITR of an annual year
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- Visit the credit card application page of the Standard Chartered website
- Check up eligibility for the card
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This is a credit card that comes with no joining fee, which means this is a lifetime free credit card.
It gives 5X reward points on retail purchases.
One of the benefits you will get in this SC card is lounge access and priority pass membership. Where many other cards fail to provide this benefit, this free card comes with a lounge access benefit.
It also gives medical insurance while traveling overseas. Hence if you have a good relation with SC and have a good credit score, you can apply for this card.
Visa Infinite Credit Card Features
- Reward Rate: ~1.5%
- Fuel surcharge waiver: 1%
- Foreign currency markup: 3.5%
- Up to 2 supplementary cards
As you see there is nothing good offered. The rewards offered won’t allow you to keep it anywhere near Premium cards. Premium cards provide many unique and exciting rewards, whereas this card has a flawed rewarding system.
Now the question arises that you should take this card or not. So, the answer is that you should keep it if till it is free means, there is no joining fee. Otherwise, there is no worth keeping it if you have to pay annual charges.
They do not even run festival offers which is another drawback of using a Standard Chartered credit card. So if it is free, then you can keep it. Otherwise, there is no profit in keeping it.
In how much time will I get a reversal of my credit card application?
Once the documentation is complete, it will take 10-12 days to get the approval for the credit card.
What is the tax applicable ?
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable on all the purchases made by you.
What will be the charges if I use my SC Visa Infinite card overseas?
All overseas transactions charges 3.5% transaction fee.
How outstanding amount on card is calculated?
The outstanding amount on your card is calculated in the following ways:
(a) 5% of statement outstanding or
(b) the sum of all installments listed, the interest charged, fees, other charges, and the amount used by you above the limit and 1% of the principal