SBI launched its SBI Prime credit card in mid-2017. It is considered as India’s one of the premium credit cards so far. It is due to its easy approval, amazing benefits, lounge access, and minimum fee and charges.
This is the best product, not only for customers but for the bank as well from last 3 years. SBI Prime has direct competition for HDFC Millenia. SBI Prime holds a decent market share. So let us tell you the fees, rewards, and services provided by SBI.
|Type of fee||Amount|
Provides e-gift Voucher as a welcome gift worth Rs.3,000 from any of the following brands: Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop, and Yatra.com.
After receiving the joining fee, you will receive an SMS from the bank to choose from an e-voucher. The customer will send the chosen e-voucher to your registered mobile number/e-mail ID within 5 days of the request.
Variant Available: Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- 20 RP on spending Rs.100 on utility payment
- 10 RP per Rs.100 spent on Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores, and Movies
- 2 RP on spending Rs.100 on another retail spend
- 4RP = INR1
- 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver on min. transaction of Rs.500-Rs.4000 across all petrol pumps.
- 20 RP on spending Rs.100 on your birthday.
- On spending Rs.5000, you will get a pizza hut voucher worth Rs.1000 in a calendar quarter.
- On an annual spend of Rs.5 lakh, get an E-gift voucher worth Rs.7000 from Yatra/Pantaloon.
Vouchers will be sent to your mobile number within 10-15 days of successful payment.
Trident Privilege Membership
- Complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership.
- 1000 welcome points
- You will get 1,500 Bonus Points on your first stay & additional Rs.1,000 hotel credit on an extended night stay.
- 10% savings on booking through the hotel website.
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card
Club Vistara Membership
- Enjoy Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership
- Get 1 Upgrade Voucher
- Earn 9 Club Vistara Points for every Rs.100 spent on Vistara flights
- Click Here to apply for club Vistara membership
- 4 visits/year to International lounges via Priority Pass
- 8 visits/year or 2/quarter to Domestic Lounges in India
The reward and offers provided by the bank is decent. With an SBI Prime card, you can empower the other two members of your family with an add-on card (the member should be above 18years).
- Age: 18 years – 60 years
- Occupation: Available for both self-employed as well as a salaried individual
The monetary requirement for the card has nowhere mentioned which means you have first to fill the application form for the card, after which the bank will connect you for further proceedings.
How to apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the SBI website or nearby SBI branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
As we have used this card for a few months, we can say that this card is amazing for you if you are doing work that involves a lot of travel. Either in your city or intercity.
It gives you different kinds of membership from Taj Hotel & Club Vistara. This gives you a 10% of return on hotel booking.
SBI offers vouchers from various big companies as a welcome gift. It also gives 2X rewards during birthday month.
|2X reward on birthday month||Low reward|
|Welcome vouchers from big companies|
- Fuel waiver: 1% surcharge waiver
- 2X rewards on birthday month
- Lounge access: domestic lounge 2/qtr
- Forex markup: 3.5%
This card is good for those who are not able to hold super-premium cards. It has a good amount of rewards, which makes it okay to keep.
But if you do not use a credit card in your regular transactions, you can go for SBI Simply click, which is a decent card for irregular spends.
But overall, the card is good and has good offers. You can go for it, and its complimentary memberships are something new. Fewer card providers provide this.
What are the benefits of having SBI Prime Credit Card?
SBI Prime Credit card gives a tremendous amount of benefit. Few of them are:
- 3000 points as welcome reward
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all pumps in the country
- Vouchers from many unknown companies
- Domestic/International Lounge Access
Can I keep 2 SBI Credit Cards?
Yes! SBI allowed same individual to apply for two credit cards.
What interest rate is charged on SBI credit card?
Interest rate of 3.5% per month is charged on SBI Prime credit card