This card was introduced to make air travel less costly. Now, after collaborating with IRCTC, it has launched a new card named IRCTC SBI Card Premier.
SBI is nowadays much into launching credit cards with other brands. Previously it has launched a credit card with Vistara named SBI Vistara Credit card.
They have launched this card to make railway travel easy for those who often use the train to travel.
SBI IRCTC credit card joining Fees
|Joining/Renewal Fee||Rs.1500+GST (Renewal fee will be reversed on 2L spend)|
The benefit points provided will cover the fee paid by you for the card.
- Welcome Benefit 1: 1500 reward points
- Welcome Benefit 2: BookMyShow Movie voucher worth Rs.500 on spending Rs.2000 within first 60 days
- IRCTC Train Bookings: 10% as points (AC1, AC2. AC3, and AC CC)
- IRCTC Flight Bookings: 5% as points
- Dining & SI on Utility spend: 2.4% as points
- All other spends: 1RP on every Rs.125 spent. ( ~0.8%)
- 1 Reward point = Rs.1
Here you get another benefit in terms of flight booking. Very few people know that it is possible to book flight tickets through IRCTC as well.
That too on good reward points of 5%. But to get an eligible reward the ticket holder should be the same as the cardholder.
OLA Money SBI Credit Card
- 2,500 Points on annual “travel” spends of Rs.50,000
- 5,000 Points on annual “travel” spends of Rs.1,00,000
SBI IRCTC credit card features
- This card brings you great offers on travel, golf, dining, and other entertainment options from Visa.
- Save 1% on transaction charges by making payments using IRCTC SBI credit card.
- You can withdraw cash anytime from more than 1 million visa ATMs, anywhere in the world.
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is a travel card and can be used by you over 29 million Visa outlets throughout the world.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India, on transactions ranging between Rs.500 – Rs.3,000, exclusive of GST and other charges.
- Complimentary insurance Cover: INR 10L for Rail Accident / INR 50L for Air Accident and fraud liability cover of INR 1L.
How to apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the SBI website or nearby SBI branch for applying for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
|Low joining fee||No airport lounge access|
|5% reward rate|
The card gives 10% of return on making a booking for railway travels. While it gives 5% of return on flight booking.
This is purely a travel card which gives the best rewards to someone who used to travel more via railways. Even I use to hold this card a few years back & the return I got from my regular trips using the card is amazing.
Plus also it gives good rewards on achieving milestone.
This card is not only good for railway users but is also beneficial for air travel bookings. It provides a generous amount of rewards and cashback.
If you could do 1L in travel spends, this may help you save up to Rs.20k a year. But remember one thing, if you want a renewal fee waiver then you have to spend more than or equal to 2L per year.
If your spending is less than Rs.40,000 then you’re downgraded to an IRCTC platinum card.
What benefits we will get on SBI IRCTC Card?
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps over the country
- Golf Access
- Travel Benefit
- Movie Voucher
- Air ticket discount
What is the fees of SBI IRCTC card?
SBI IRCTC card charges Rs.1500 as joining/annual fee
Can I use my IRCTC card abroad?
Yes! you can use your IRCTC card abroad as it is accepted by all visa merchants.