SBI, in collaboration with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, launched an SBI BPCL fuel credit card. The card is designed to give possible rewards on fuel spend.
This is the first kind of fuel card launched in collaboration with the petroleum company itself. Here we will cover what is provided in a card for you.
SBI BPCL Fuel Card Fees
|Types of fee||Amount|
|Foreign currency markup||3.5%|
Benefits & Features
- 2000 activation bonus reward point worth Rs.500 as a welcome bonus.
- 4.25% Value back, which means 13 times more RPs on purchasing fuel through BPCL petrol pumps. Max. you can get 1500 Reward Points per billing cycle
- Fuel surcharge waiver: 1% on the transaction between Rs.400-4000
- 4.25% Value back (13X* Reward Points equivalent to 3.25% + 1% Fuel surcharge waiver on every transaction of up to Rs.4,000) at any BPCL petrol pump across the country.
- Maximum savings per month is Rs.100, which is equal to Yearly Savings of Rs.1200. 25% Value back (13X* Reward Points equivalent to 3.25% + 1% Fuel surcharge waiver on every transaction of up to Rs.4,000) at any BPCL petrol pump across the country.
- Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs.100 in a month, which is equivalent to an Annual Savings of Rs.1200
SBI BPCL Fuel Card Reward Benefit
- 5X Reward points on every Rs.100 spent at groceries, departmental store, movies & dining.
- 1RP on spending every Rs.100 on retail purchases, except fuel.
If you note that the savings mentioned above won’t work if you fuel Bikes through the card, bikes will not cover the respected cost. Hence, this holds good for fuel spend between Rs.1000 to Rs.4000.
For Salaried Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.2,50,000
For Self Employed Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.3,50,000
This is a fuel card which has designed to give maximum returns on fuel spends. It comes with a low joining/annual fee.
Also it offers 13X rewards on using this card at BPCL fuel stations.
This card is best for those who use their vehicle to travel or for a travel service provider. The travel service providers can earn good rewards by using this card to purchase fuel from BPCL.
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- Visit the credit card application page of the SBI website
- Check up eligibility for the card
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
|Low joining fee||No rewards for retail spend|
|13X reward points at BPCL pumps|
It’s good to see banks coming up with new kinds of cards and offers. There are very few companies that have made fuel cards. We expect a little more from SBI with this card, hope they will add some more in the coming future.
Till then, it is a sound card for you if your fuel expenses are nearly Rs.25000 in a year. It can give you excellent returns in the form of cashback or rewards.
What is the replacement/re-issue fee of the SBI for SBI BPCL fuel credit card?
We would like to inform you that a replacement fee of Rs.100.00 plus applicable taxes would be applicable towards the reissue / replacement of new card
How can I change my communication address?
You can change your address either through the website or write us an email with address proof.
For changing it through the website, log in to your profile, then click Edit, and now you can see the address column there.
Go and enter your new address there and click done. It will take 2-3 days to update the bank’s system.