MakeMyTrip, in collaboration with ICICI, has launched the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature credit card. MakeMyTrip came into the market intending to provide tour package services to the market. Later on, they decided to enter the credit card market in the form of a travel card.
But in no time they understood that it is challenging to gain loyal customers. A new market entrant must give lucrative offers to its customers to satisfy and make them dedicated to the company.
In the meantime, ICICI Bank is also struggling to provide top-class services to its customers. They are not able to do justice with their credit card services compared to their banking business. And now they are aggressive to be into the credit card business with amazing services.
After understanding the internal and external requirements of the market, both the firms co-branded together to provide services to the customers. Then came the innovative entry of MMT BLACK membership by MakeMyTrip in August 2017. In this review, we will detail the same
- Joining fee: Rs.2500+GST, which comes to 2950/-
- No annual fee thereafter
- MyCash worth 1500/- in the MMT account.
- Auto-enrolment to MMTDOUBLEBLACK for 1st year and MMT BLACK program.
- Lemon Tree hotels voucher worth 2500/-
- Complimentary 10 days Airtel International roaming pack
MMT BLACK Benefits
- With every completed booking of Flights/ Hotels, the spend points start collecting and will alert if a milestone is achieved.
- Each milestone rewards you with a specific MyCash amount
- You can use MyCash on MakeMyTrip for Flight/ Hotel bookings
- This Points earned can also be used for offers & vouchers on MakeMyTrip
- The points earned through MMT BLACK has a validity of three months only
- Flight bookings on MMT – 1%
- Hotel/ holiday bookings on MMT – 2%
- Domestic spends outside MMT – 0.6%
- International spends outside MMT – 0.75%
- Spend 20K / Get 500 MyCash
- On Spending 50K / Get additional 2000 MyCash
- Spend 200K / Get additional 7500 MyCash
- Spend 500K / Get additional 15000 MyCash
- For Salaried Individual
- Age: 18-60 years
- Annual income should be Rs.4,20,000
- For Self-employed
- Age: 18-65 years
- Annual income should be Rs.9,00,000
How to apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- Visit the credit card application page of ICICI Bank or the MakeMyTrip website
- Check up eligibility for the card
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
- MMTBLACK membership worth Rs.1,499 at no cost
- Free railway lounge access
- International lounge access via Dragon Pass
- International roaming pack at the time of international visit
- Zero foreign currency markup fee
As we can understand, this card is for travel purposes, or we can also say that this is a travel card. The card is designed to give the highest return on travel/hotel bookings.
We have tried this card for booking domestic flights/hotels for which we have got the decent return of 2.5%.
The best thing we felt about the card is that it comes with a one-time joining fee, which means you have to pay ~Rs.3000 once, and then you can use it for free until the time you want.
We can also call this card as “Life Time Free” card.
|Zero foreign currency markup||Points earned has only three months of validity|
|Free MMT BLACK membership||Low reward rate|
|One time joining fee|
The card is best for its airport and railway lounge access. Along with that, it provides various merchant-based promo offers.
But it comes with a disadvantage that one can get this card by invitation only. You can give a try to get the card by talking to their customer support executive.
Can I know the status of my MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank credit card payments?
Yes, you can check the payments made by your credit card. You are required to follow the step below:
Log in to your Internet Banking Account then click My Accounts, Credit Cards and, View Last Credit Received.
How do I delete a Registered Biller in Internet Banking?
- To delete a biller on Internet Banking, please follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Internet Banking Account
- Go to ‘Payments & Transfer’
- Click the link ‘Manage Billers’
- Select ‘My Registered Billers’
- Select the biller, and you can delete the biller by clicking on the ‘Remove Biller’ option.
For billers in presentment mode, you will not be able to delete the biller if your bills are in ‘Pending,’ ‘Waiting for acceptance,’ or ‘Rejected’ status.
What is the Credit Card service requests that I can make online?
You can make the following service requests online:
This service is an online facility via which you can give instructions to the bank for auto-debit on your credit card.
Duplicate PIN Request
You can also request a duplicate PIN. The PIN will be shipped to you within seven days of submitting the request at your current mailing address of the chosen credit card within seven working days of submitting the request.
Replacement/Renewal Card Not Receive.
Queries Related to EMI-on-Call Facility
Is there only one User ID for all ICICI Bank relationships?
Yes, you have only one user ID for all your ICICI accounts & cards. You can link all of them to your single internet banking number.