Kotak bank does not have a big face in terms of credit cards and rewards. Here comes the premium credit card by Kotak named Kotak Royale Signature Card.
This card has been placed under two of its cards named Kotak Privy League Signature Card and Kotak Wealth Management Infinite Card. Both of these cards have high eligibility criteria. However, the rewards provided are exact.
Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card Fees
|Fee Type||Royale (No Joining Fee)||Royale (with Joining Fee)|
|Interest charged||3.4% (Annualized 37.2%)||3.4% (Annualized 37.2%)|
|Foreign Currency Mark-up||3.5%||3.5%|
* Fee waiver on spending over 1 lakh in a year
- 10,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs.4 lakhs in a year
- 30,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs.8 lakhs in a year
Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card Rewards
- Earn 4X reward point on spending every Rs.150 for travel, hotels, international spends and more
- 2 reward points for other retail spends
- 1RP= Rs.0.25
IDFC FIRST Millennia CREDIT Card
- Redeem points against airline tickets, movie tickets, mobile recharge. For this, you have to convert reward points to Easy points.
- 2RP= 1 Easy Point
- You can also convert reward points to a credit statement.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Applicable on transactions between Rs.500 and Rs.3000.
- The maximum fuel savings one can earn in a year is Rs.3500
- With this card, you will not earn any reward for making fuel payments.
Benefits & Features
- Railway surcharge waiver of Rs.500/ year
- Airport lounge access
- In case your Credit Card is stolen, you get a cover of Rs.2,50,000/- against fraudulent usage up to 7 days pre-reporting
- Priority Attend service assists you by saving your time to provide you with a fantastic option. Just SMS “K-ASSIST” to 5676788, and they will call you back within two hours.
Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card Eligibility
- The age of the cardholder should be between 21 years to 65 years.
- Income should be Rs.24 lakhs or above per annum
- Should be resident of India
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 3 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
How to apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the Kotak website or the nearby Kotak branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This premium card offers decent rewards and comes with two options—one with a joining fee and the other with no joining fee.
The difference between these two variants is that the one with a joining fee comes with a welcome bonus, and the other one does not come with any welcome gifts.
The reward rate offered by the card is 1.5% which is good for a premium level card. We have used this card for a year and really found it great for our small transactions.
|Average reward rate||Only domestic lounge access|
|Used for regular transactions|
Overall if we talk about the card, then it has an average reward rate, not so decent. I’m not considering this worthy because of its eligibility criteria; they provide not-so-attractive rewards to such high-earning people.
Although it provides a limit enhancement every 6 months in general, its low renewal and joining fee make it worth a try.
What is late payment fee and interest charges levied on my Kotak Royale Signature credit card bill?
Late payment and interest charges are levied if credit card payment is not received till the due date of your credit card bill.
To avoid interest charges on outstanding amounts in the future, we advise you to make your credit card bill payment at least 3 days before the due date bill, as it requires few days to reflect the same.
How can I make my credit card payments?
For Payment using cheque
Drop a check in the name of “Kotak Mahindra Bank Card A/C” followed by your 16-digit Credit Card Number at any one of the drop boxes located in ATMs and branches.
For Payment using cash
Visit any of your nearest Kotak branch to make cash payment against your credit card
(For cash payment, Rs. 100 plus GST is charged)
To find a branch near you, SMS ‘K Branch <6-digit PIN Code> to 5676788 or 9971056767
How can I redeem Credit Card reward points?
There are many options via which you can redeem your earned points. Either you can save them against options available on the net banking or the website. Or you can call support to ask for a prevailing offer and redeem against them.
How does an Add On credit card work?
The bank can offer an Add-On card to spouses, children, or parents of the primary cardholders. Any expenses made by add on cardholder is borne by my primary cardholder only