Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card is one of the most underrated credit cards of the Kotak Mahindra Bank. As Kotak mentioned in their launch of this card, the card is supposed to be suitable for grocery shopping.
The Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card has developed for shopping lovers. This credit card helps you earn reward points for every penny spent by you. And you can redeem the accumulated points for the best available offer. Now let us see what is there in a card for ‘Us.’
|Fee & Other Parameters||Charges|
|Add-on card fees||Rs.299|
|Foreign currency markup||3.50%|
There is no renewal fee waiver for this card as the annual fee is already low.
The application process for the card is quite simple; the eligibility, however, is not mentioned anywhere. But the bank usually checks the CIBIL Score of the applicant, plus you should have Kotak Bank Savings Account to become eligible for the card.
- Age: 18 years – 60 years
- Occupation: Available for both self-employed as well as a salaried individual
The monetary requirement for the card has nowhere mentioned which means you have to first fill the application form for the card after which the bank will connect you for further proceedings
Kotak Essentia Platinum Card Features & Rewards
- 10 saving points on every Rs.100 spend at Grocery & Departmental Store.
- Reward Rate: 10%
- 1 saving point = Re.1
- Minimum transaction: Rs.1500 & Maximum transaction: Rs.4000
- 1RP on spending every Rs.250 on retail category
- Milestone Benefit: On Spending Rs.1.25 lakhs every 6 months, you will get either 1200 reward points or 6 free inox movie tickets.
Kotak Essentia Platinum Card Redemption
Cash | Airline tickets | Movie Tickets | Mobile Recharge | Branded Merchandise
Please note: For redemption against Airline tickets / Merchandise / Mobile recharge, Reward points have to be converted to Easy Points.
1 Saving Point = 2 Easy Points.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 3 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the Kotak website or the nearby Kotak branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This is a card developed especially for shoppers that too for grocery shopping. Kotak has created this card to give maximum returns on groceries in departmental stores or online stores.
This card does not offer any renewal fee waiver as it has a low annual fee. Hence, this card is suitable for those with prominent families or business-related businesses because this card offers the best return rate on grocery shopping only.
|Low joining fee||Low rewards on other shopping|
|Good rewards on grocery shopping|
The card is best for you if you spend nearly Rs.6000 every month on grocery shopping in every department store. It also provides some off on purchasing groceries online on Grofers, Big Basket, etc.
You can save up to Rs.6000 per year on spending appropriately through this card. Moreover, if you pay your credit card bill through Cred App, you will get additional rewards from Cred.
The rewards offered by such a basic card are decent; hence, you can go for this card if you get the opportunity.
What Are the Benefits of a Credit Card?
The most significant benefit of having a credit card is that you can earn a reward on each transaction, whether Rs.100 or Rs.1000. You will get a gift for every amount spent.
Kotak Essentia Platinum Chip Card has been designed for which class of people?
This card has been designed for the High Income or High Net Worth Individuals of the country so that they get good services through the help of this card
Is this Card valid internationally?
Yes, this Card is valid internationally.