After a huge gap of time ICICI has come up with its super exclusive premium card. Designed for high net worth individuals. Here in this article we will going to tell about ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, which is designed to give high rewards to its customers.
ICICI Emeralde Card Fees
|Monthly membership Fee||Rs.1,000+GST|
|Monthly membership Fee Waiver||Spend Rs.1L in previous month|
|Joining / Annual Fee||Rs.12,000+GST|
|Joining / Annual Fee Waiver||Spend Rs.15L in the card anniversary year|
You can go for any of the option, but according to me it is better to go for Annual Plan. Holding card for long time will get you some good returns.
Emeralde Card Variants
ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card Variants
- American Express
You can choose only one of them. If you plan to take this card, you should probably be taking the Amex variant because both the Da Milano & Trident dining voucher comes only with the Amex variant.
You can also change the variant to the other just incase if you took the wrong one by mistake.
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Review
- 4 RPs on spending every Rs.100 on all retail transactions
- 1RP on spending every Rs.100 on utilities and insurance categories
The pay back points are some what disappointing. We expect more from premium card with such huge fee. This card is not for high spenders, who spend more than Rs.15 lakh a year.
But good thing about this card is that you can convert points to cash credit on statement.
ICICI Emeralde American Express Privilege
- Get 15% off on all services at O2 Spa through your ICICI Bank Emeralde AmEx Credit Card.
- You will get up to 20% off while making gold through Joyalukkas across India.
- You will get 50% off at various dining partners across the globe
- To enjoy your birthday you will get dining vouchers worth Rs7.5K from Trident Hotels.
This offer is available only for American Express variant holder. Another plus point is that this offer is not only for 1st year, but remain as long as you hold the card.
- Domestic: Unlimited via Amex/MC
- International: Unlimited via Dreamfolks Dragonpass Card
ICICI Emeralde Gym Benefit
- You have to choose one among: 2 day trial pass + 15% off on Annual Membership OR
- 2 day trial pass + 10% off on half yearly membership
This is probably the first card which provide offers and vouchers for fitness, that too for Anytime Fitness. You can get this benefit from both of the variants.
- Unlimited complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi across the globe. AmEx Benefit
This is the first of its kind where a credit card is providing free WiFi across the globe. This helps you majorly when travelling internationally.
- Movie Benefit: Buy one ticket and get up to ₹750 off on the second ticket, up to four times every month through BookMyShow
- Golf Benefit: Up to 4 rounds of golf every month
- Rs.500 VLCC Voucher
- Nominal Mark-up fee of 1.5% on international transactions
- No over limit fee
- No late payment charges
- Salaried: ₹3,00,000 or above net monthly salary income
- Self Employed: Annual Income Tax Returns filed ₹30,00,000 or above
The only place where it disappoints us is reward rate, otherwise all the other offers are curated amazingly and justify the premium segment of the card. If you look at Spa/Wifi/Gym among others, you’ll find this more good.
How to know the status of credit card payment?
Yes, you can view your statement on your internet banking. After login to your account click on credit card section, click view last transaction and it will show you this options as listed below. You can choose as per your need
It will show you the following details:
- Last payment received date
- Last payment amount
- Payment due date
- Next statement date
How often can I change my Emeralde Credit Card limits?
There is no cap on the number of times the limit can be changed
What if the customer waves the Contactless Credit card twice at the terminal? Will he/she be charged twice?
No you will be charged only once even after tapping it more than one time.