After a considerable time gap, ICICI has developed its super exclusive premium card and designed it for high-net-worth individuals. This article will talk about ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, intended to give high rewards to its customers.
ICICI Emeralde Card Fees
|Monthly membership Fee||Rs.1,000+GST|
|Monthly membership Fee Waiver||Spend Rs.1L in previous month|
|Joining / Annual Fee||Rs.12,000+GST|
|Joining / Annual Fee Waiver||Spend Rs.15L in the card anniversary year|
You can go for any of the options, but in my opinion, it is better to go for the Annual Plan. Holding a card for a long time will get you some good returns.
Emeralde Card Variants
ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card Variants
- American Express
You can choose only one of them. If you plan to take this card, you should probably be taking the Amex variant because both the Da Milano & Trident dining voucher comes only with the Amex variant.
You can also change the variant to the other just incase if you took the wrong one by mistake.
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Review
ICICI Emeralde Rewards
- 4 RPs on spending every Rs.100 on all retail transactions
- 1RP on spending every Rs.100 on utilities and insurance categories
The payback points are somewhat disappointing. We expect more from the premium cards with such a huge fee. This card is not for high spenders, who spend more than Rs.15 lakh a year.
But good thing about this card is that you can convert points to cash credit on statement.
ICICI Emeralde American Express Privilege
- Get 15% off on all services at O2 Spa through your ICICI Bank Emeralde AmEx Credit Card.
- You will get up to 20% off while making gold through Joyalukkas across India.
- You will get 50% off at various dining partners across the globe.
- To enjoy your birthday you will get dining vouchers worth Rs7.5K from Trident Hotels.
This offer is available only for the American Express variant holder. Another plus point is that this offer is not only for 1st year but remains as long as you hold the card.
- Domestic: Unlimited via Amex/MC
- International: Unlimited via Dreamfolks Dragonpass Card
ICICI Emeralde Gym Benefit
- You have to choose one among 2-day trial pass + 15% off on Annual Membership OR
- 2-day trial pass + 10% off on half-yearly membership
This is probably the first card that provides offers and vouchers for fitness, too for Anytime Fitness. You can get this benefit from both of the variants.
- Unlimited complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi across the globe. AmEx Benefit
This is the first of its kind where a credit card is providing free WiFi across the globe. This helps you majorly when traveling internationally.
ICICI Emeralde Features
- Movie Benefit: Buy one ticket and get up to ₹750 off on the second ticket, up to four times every month through BookMyShow
- Golf Benefit: Up to 4 rounds of golf every month
- Rs.500 VLCC Voucher
- Nominal Mark-up fee of 1.5% on international transactions
- No over-limit fee
- No late payment charges
This is an elementary card that comes with a meager joining fee. It comes under two variants, and the best offers of all come along American Express variant.
We have this variant for some time, and through our regular transactions using this, we conclude that it has nearly a 3% reward rate. The beautiful thing about this card is that it offers a fuel waiver even after being a primary card.
It charges a minimal international markup fee, and the unlimited domestic lounge access is an ace for the card.
- Salaried: ₹3,00,000 or above net monthly salary income
- Self Employed: Annual Income Tax Returns filed ₹30,00,000 or above
How to apply for ICICI Coral?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the ICICI website or the nearby ICICI branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof:
- PAN Card,
- Aadhar Card,
- Voter’s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- Ration Card
- Address Proof:
- Aadhar card,
- Voter’s ID,
- Ration Card,
- Electricity Bill,
- Lease/Rent Agreement,
- Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 12 months
- ITR of two financial year
|Unlimited domestic lounge access||High annual fee|
|Unlimited WiFi access|
The only place where it disappoints us is the reward rate; otherwise, all the other offers are curated amazingly and justify the premium segment of the card. If you look at Spa/Wifi/Gym among others, you’ll find this better.
How to know the status of credit card payment?
Yes, you can view your statement on your internet banking. After login into your account, click on the credit card section, click view the last transaction, and it will show you these options as listed below. You can choose as per your need
It will show you the following details:
- Last payment received date
- Last payment amount
- Payment due date
- Next statement date
How often can I change my Emeralde Credit Card limits?
There is no cap on the number of times the limit can be changed
What if the customer waves the Contactless Credit card twice at the terminal? Will he/she be charged twice?
No you will be charged only once even after tapping it more than one time.