HSBC is not so active in expanding its credit card business in India. They are choosy in issuing credit cards, like, they don’t encourage self employed individuals. They have multiple cards in their portfolio. Among the all Visa Platinum is the one they are actively promoting.
One of the major advantage of having HSBC Card is that they do not charge any joining/annual fee on nay of their card.
- Amazon Voucher worth Rs.250
- 3 domestic/international lounge access
- 10% Cashback
HSBC Platinum Card Regular Offers
- BookMyShow voucher worth ₹500 on spending over ₹50,000 in a calendar month. Maximum of ₹3000 per cardholder in a year.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Tickets has to be only for Saturday shows but you can book on any day the week. Once in a month. Add on card treated as separate card.
- On Fridays you can get Rs.1200 discount for roundtrip and 1200 off on hotel bookings also using CTHSBCFRIDAY. Add on card treated as separate card.
- On Sundays you can get maximum of Rs.10000 cashback (10%) for making international flight tickers in MakeMyTrip. Add on card treated as separate.
- Swiggy Offers: 50% discount up to ₹125 valid on your first order on Swiggy | 25% discount up to ₹150 valid on your order on Swiggy
- 30% discount on treebo hotels
HSBC Platinum Card Reward
- 2RPs on spending every Rs.150 towards retail purchase except fuel transactions
- 5X Rewards after crossing the threshold of spent amount Rs4,00,000 in a year
- You must be aged between 18 to 65
- Salaried: Min. income or RS.4,00,000 per annum
- Currently offering to big towns and metro cities.
The offers and rewards provided is decent, but still they are not easy to curate. Plus there is many more additional rewards offered by the bank from time to time. There is not much information available on the website but trust me the card is worth more than that.
Plus the most important of all is that you can make use of card to its fullest when you redeem collected points against the best available offer, mostly on airplane and hotel booking.
How do I apply for an HSBC Visa Platinum credit card?
- You can apply online just by visiting their website.
- Or you can also make a call at HSBC Phone Banking to ask them to send card representative at your doorstep
- Or you can visit any nearby branch
In how much time I will receive my HSBC card?
Once you have completed all the documentary requirements, they will proceed with your application in a week, After approval of your application. Your card will be dispatched to you within 7 working days.
The bank will notify you once your application gets accepted.
What will be the charges applied on using my credit card overseas?
You will be charged 3.5% of foreign exchange markup fee while making any transaction overseas through your card. You will also be charged on ATM withdrawals.