HSBC is not so active in expanding its credit card business in India. They are picky in issuing credit cards, and they don’t encourage self-employed individuals. They have multiple cards in their portfolio. Among all Visa Platinum Credit card is the one they are actively promoting.
One of the major advantages of having an HSBC Card is that they do not charge any joining/annual fee on any of their cards.
No Joining/annual fee
- Amazon Voucher worth Rs.250
- 3 domestic/international lounge access
- 10% Cashback
HSBC Platinum Card Regular Offers & Features
- BookMyShow voucher worth ₹500 on spending over ₹50,000 in a calendar month. Maximum of ₹3000 per cardholder in a year.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Tickets has to be only for Saturday shows, but you can book on any day of the week. Once a month. Add-on card treated as a separate card.
- On Fridays, you can get Rs.1200 discount for roundtrip and 1200 off on hotel bookings using CTHSBCFRIDAY. Add-on card treated as a separate card.
- You can get a maximum of Rs.10000 cashback (10%) for making international flight tickers in MakeMyTrip on Sundays. Add-on card treated as separate.
- Swiggy Offers: 50% discount up to ₹125 valid on your first order on Swiggy | 25% discount up to ₹150 valid on your order on Swiggy
- 30% discount on treebo hotels
HSBC Platinum Card Reward
- 2RPs on spending every Rs.150 towards retail purchase except fuel transactions
- 5X Rewards after crossing the threshold of spent amount Rs.4,00,000 in a year
HSBC Platinum Card Eligibility
- It would be best if you were aged between 18 to 65
- Salaried: Min. income or Rs.4,00,000 per annum
- Currently offering to big towns and metro cities.
It is an elementary card with no joining fee and provides benefits in terms of offers and discounts. It has a low reward rate although and the conversion rate is also low.
So we suggest to go for this card only if you find anything beneficial about it for you. Because it offers no fuel surcharge and lounge access.
How To Apply for HSBC Platinum Card?
Apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the HSBC Bank website or nearby the HSBC Bank branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 3 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
|No joining fee||No lounge access|
|Discount vouchers from different merchants|
The offers and rewards provided are decent, but still, they are not easy to curate. Plus, there are many more additional rewards offered by the bank from time to time. There is not much information available on the website, but trust me, the card is worth more than that.
Plus, the most important of all is that you can make use of the card to its fullest when you redeem collected points against the best available offer, mostly on airplane and hotel booking.
How do I apply for an HSBC Visa Platinum credit card?
- You can apply online just by visiting their website.
- Or you can also make a call at HSBC Phone Banking to ask them to send card representative at your doorstep
- Or you can visit any nearby branch
In how much time I will receive my HSBC card?
Once you have completed all the documentary requirements, they will proceed with your application in a week, After approval of your application. Your card will be dispatched to you within 7 working days.
The bank will notify you once your application gets accepted.
What will be the charges applied on using my credit card overseas?
You will be charged 3.5% of foreign exchange markup fee while making any transaction overseas through your card. You will also be charged on ATM withdrawals.