HDFC added one more card to its list of credit cards. They have launched Diners Club Privilege Credit Card after Diners Club Black, which counted among premium cards of the country. HDFC feels the need for this card as the customers are not satisfied with the Diners Club miles card. And also can not afford to have Diners Black.
So Diners Club Privilege is the card that is positioned between those two. Now let us see what is there for us in this card which comes at 1/4th the price of Diners Black.
Diners Club Privilege Fees & Charges
|Type of fee||Amount|
|Additional card fee||Lifetime free|
|Charges on revolving credit||3.49%/ month|
|Charges on over limit||2.5% of over limit amount|
|Foreign currency markup||1.99% on all your spends|
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs.3,00,000 in a year.
SBI Vistara Credit Card Review
Diners Club Privilege Card Eligibility
For Salaried Indian national
- Age required should be Min 21 yrs & Max 60 yrs.
- Income: Net Monthly Income is required to become than Rs.70,000 per month
For Self Employed Indian national
- Age requirement is Min 21 yrs & Max 65 yrs.
- Income: ITR must be more than Rs.8.4 Lakhs per annum for self-employed customers
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 12 months
- ITR of two financial year
Diners Club Privilege Welcome Benefit
Annual memberships of Amazon Prime, Zomato Pro, MMTDOUBLEBLACK, BB Star, and Times Prime by spending 75,000 within the first 90 days.
- Monthly Milestone: Select any one monthly voucher from Ola Select membership or cure.fit Live membership or BookMyShow or TataCLiQ worth ₹ 500 each, on spending Rs.40,000 each month.
- Yearly Milestone: On spending five lakhs a year, you can avail of complimentary membership benefits from the mentioned partners. Amazon Prime, Zomato Pro, MMTDOUBLEBLACK, BB Star, and Times Prime.
- 4 Reward Points for every ₹ 150 spent
- 2X Reward Points on weekend dining
- 1 RP= INR0.50, which is a 1.3% reward rate
- 1 RP= 0.50 air miles
Being superior then Diners Club Miles, Diners Privilege has a low Airmiles conversion rate as & when compared. HDFC keeps it less to make Club Miles exclusive Airmiles conversion.
Diners Club Privilege Lounge Access
- Domestic/International Airport: 12 complimentary access per year
- The limit is for both primary cardholder as well as add on member
2 complimentary Golf games per quarter
- Credit liability cover: Rs.9 lakhs
- Air accident cover: RS.1 crore
- Emergency overseas hospitalization: Rs.25 lakhs
HDFC Diners Club Miles Credit Card Review
How to apply for a Diners Privilege card?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the HDFC website or nearby HDFC branch to apply for the card.
- Customers can also apply for the card by visiting the Diners website
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This is a decent card that we can use for our daily purposes as it gives decent rewards with amazing milestone benefits.
The drawback with this card is that of its acceptance, as Diners has little acceptancy in India. But it holds a reward rate of 1.3%, somewhere near Diners Black or other premium cards.
You can definitely go for this card if you cannot get Diners Black, as this will pave the way for an upgrade to Diners Black or Infinia.
|No fee for additional cards||Low air mile conversion rate|
|Airport lounge access|
Those who are looking for a decent card at nominal charges can look upon this card. Those who cannot get Diners Black & want to upgrade Diners Club Miles can go for this card as it took you one a step closer to Diners Black.
Even the perks provided are somehow close to Diners Black that too with a lower annual fee. Hence anyone meeting eligibility criteria can apply, and even now, some airports have started providing separate lounges for Diners holders. They are constantly trying to make Diners services more acceptable.
How many days/hours in advance do I need to book for a green fee slot?
Domestic courses: You have to make reservations 4 days in advance for Weekday/Weekend/Holiday Bookings for a golf game.
International courses: You have to make reservations 15 days in advance for weekday/Weekend/Holiday Bookings for a game of golf.
In how much time I'll get my booking confirmation?
You will be contacted a soon as your booking request has been accepted. In some cases or due to the closure of your preferred golf course, it may take longer than 2-3 days to respond to you.
How do I get a HDFC Diners Privilege credit card?
HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
- The monthly income for a salaried individual should be Rs.70,000 per month
- For self-employed individuals, ITR is required to be more than Rs.7.5 lakhs