Diners club, in collaboration with HDFC, has launched various cards in the country. Its Diners Club Premium card is placed above HDFC Diners Rewardz & below Diners Black. Diners Premium variant stands equal to HDFC Regalia. Both of these have a reward rate of nearly 1.3%.
Diners provide better privileges when it comes to travel benefits. Now let us see the fees, benefits offered by Diners.
Diners Premium Card Fees & Charges
|Type of charges||Amount|
|Foreign exchange markup||2%+GST|
* Renewal fee waiver on spending INR3 lakhs in a year.
Diners Premium Card Eligibility
|Salaried||Age : Min 19 yrs & Max 70 yrs.|
Income: Net Monthly Income greater than Rs60k/month.
|Self-employed||Age : Min 19 yrs & Max 70 yrs.|
Income: ITR should be more than Rs7,50,000
Diners Premium Card Reward Rate
- 4 RP on Rs.150 Retail spends.
- 1 RP= Rs.0.50 or 0.50AirMile
Here you can see the reward points are almost equal to the Regalia card. Btw you can redeem points against flight/hotel booking.
Reward point validity
Reward points are valid for only 2 years from the date of accumulation.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 12 months
- ITR of two financial year
Yes Premia Credit Card
Benefits & Features
- 10X Reward points on international spending.
- 2500RP is a welcome benefit
- 6 complimentary access to 1000+ lounges throughout the world in a year.
- Air accident cover up to Rs.1 crore.
- Credit liability covers up to Rs.9 lakh.
- Travel Insurance of Rs.50,000 on baggage delay.
- 24X7 concierge.
How to apply for a Diners Premium card?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the HDFC website or nearby HDFC branch to apply for the card.
- Customers can also apply for the card by visiting the Diners website
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This is a decent card that we can use for our daily purposes as it gives decent rewards with amazing milestone benefits.
The drawback with this card is that of its acceptance, as Diners has little acceptancy in India. But it holds a reward rate of 1.3%, somewhere near Diners Black or other premium cards.
You can definitely go for this card if you cannot get Diners Black, as this will pave the way for an upgrade to Diners Black or Infinia.
|StrengthWeaknessComplimentary lounge accessHigh joining/renewal feeAverage reward rate|
This card is good for you if you are a frequent traveler. The rewards provided give the best result if you redeem them against flight booking as it offers premium airlines to redeem points against.
Diners club often runs 10X rewards programs, which is one of the significant reasons to owe this card and its usual travel benefits. But one drawback with Diners is that it is acceptable at fewer places; hence always keep a complementary card if required.
How can I get cash from my Diners Club Credit Card?
You can obtain cash through ATMs and Diners Club also offers a unique over-the-counter cash access program via which also you can get cash in your hand.
What is the transaction fee for cash advances from ATMs?
Each time you use your Card at an ATM, a transaction fee will be assessed. The fee is the greater of $4 or 4% of your cash advance total and will appear on your next monthly billing statement.
What is the fee to access Diners Club International lounge? Can I bring guest with me?
There is no fee to access the Diners International airport lounge for primary cardholders. Still, at some places, a minimal amount is required today to have any guest accompanied with you.
What to in case of losing tickets or other key travel documents?
Call the Diners Club customer support immediately and tell them your query.