HDFC Diners Club Credit Card is one of the super-premium card countries has. They launched this card in 2018 after its other super-premium card HDFC Infinia Credit Card.
HDFC is always a great supplier in terms of high rewarding cards. No other bank can buzz around HDFC in terms of reward structure.
As Infinia works on Mastercard & Visa. Diners Club is powered by Diners Club International only. Diners Club is the company that issues credit cards & charge cards independently throughout the world.
Now let’s see the reward and other benefits provided by the Diners card.
Fees & Charges
|Types of charges||Amount|
|Membership Fee||Rs.10,000+ Tax|
|Interest Rate||1.99%/ month|
|Foreign currency markup||1.99%|
|Salaried||Age: Min 21 yrs & Max 60 yrs,|
Income: Net Monthly Income greater than Rs1.75 Lakhs per month
|Self employed||Age: Between 21-60 years|
Income: ITR is required to be more than 3.8 lakh per year
Complimentary membership from following partners:
- Club Marriot
- Forbes India
- Zomato Pro
- Amazon Prime
- MMT Double Black
- Times Prime
You will get all memberships with all these partners within 90 days of issuing the card.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Cardholders can select any two benefits amongst Ola Select or cure. fit. And one-month membership of BookMyShow or TataCLiQ or vouchers worth Rs.500 every month on spending Rs.80,000.
- Annual fee waiver on spending Rs.5,00,000 in a year.
- On spending Rs.8,00,000 in a year, you will get complimentary Annual Membership Benefits at the time of card anniversary.
- 5RP on every Rs150 retail spend
- 1 RP = 1 Rupee
If you spend 5 lakhs in a year, you will earn 17000 (approx.) as reward points, which is ~3% on spending.
Similarly, if you spend 8 lakhs in one year, you will earn ~27000 reward points again ~3%.
The reward rate provided by HDFC is very competitive in comparison to its competitors.
Reward Point Redemption
- You can Redeem Rewards points against booking Air Tickets & Hotels across various countries of the world.
- Redeem Rewards Points for AirMiles across InterMiles, Singapore Airlines, Club Vistara.
- 1 Reward Point = 1 Airmiles
- For flight and hotel bookings, HDFC Bank Diners Club Black cardmembers can use up to 70% points for booking, and the rest is required to pay through the card.
Rewards earned remain valid for 3 years.
Being an HDFC customer and a super-premium cardholder, you will get amazing discounts at spas, salons, gyms &, etc.
You will get discounts at following places:
|Spa/ Salon||Tattva Spa, Enrich Salons & Academy, VLCC, O2 Spa, |
Four Fountains De-Stress Spa,
|Spa Resort||RedEarth Kabini, Tree of Life, Shreyas Retreat Bangalore, Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan, Tijara Fort Palace Rajasthan, NaturOville Vedic Retreat Rishikesh|
|Fitness||Anytime Fitness, Kris Gethin|
- Golf game across the world: 6/quarter
- International Golf courses (only for handicap)
- 24-hour golf concierge service, call 022-42320226 / # Toll free:1800 118 887 (India)
- Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
- Car Rental and Limousine Referral and Assistance
- Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Business Services
- Courier Service Assistance
HDFC Diners Black Card provides unlimited domestic & international airport lounge access. This is one of the biggest advantages of holding a Diners card. No other credit card in the country provides this big reward. Even Infinia holders have limited access to airport lounges.
Along with these Diners, Cardholders do not require a priority pass to access the international lounge. Some years back, they do not provide unlimited lounge access to add-on cardmembers, but in 2019 they revised their terms and now add on card members to have a complete lounge access facility.
Some people have to pay money when they swept cards for the lounge, or some are not charged a penny, so take care of this matter because the bank does not respond.
- Air accidental death coverage: Rs.2 Crore.
- Emergency overseas hospitalization: Rs.50 Lacs
- Credit Liability Cover of up to Rs.9 Lacs
- Rs.55,000 as baggage delay cover
Why Diners Black ?
I have already mentioned almost all the perks given by the card, but the most amazing thing that is not mentioned anywhere is HDFC 10X Rewards. This is the most superior reward rate provided by HDFC only.
10X Reward program has many perks that we cannot cover here; hence, we have created a whole article on the 10X Reward system. Check that to get a complete idea about the program.
How to apply for a Diners Black card?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the HDFC website or nearby HDFC branch to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 12 months
- ITR of two financial year
- Welcome Bonus: Membership vouchers from big brands
- Joining fees: Rs.10,000+Tax
- Fuel surcharge: 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Reward Rate: 3%
- Lounge Access: Unlimited
|Unlimited lounge access||Best for frequent flyers/travelers only|
|No priority pass is needed.|
After reading all about the card, I guess you know what should be the bottom line. If you’re thinking the same, then you’re absolutely right. If I say in simpler terms,‘ the card is super amazing.’ The rewards provided is the biggest of all time plus the services are good too.
If you ever got an opportunity to get this card, definitely go for it. But, there is an issue, and that is Diners Club has acceptance at few places only, but still, trust me, there is no other fantastic card we have anywhere than this.
HDFC comes up with new rewards & offers, which makes them more competitive and interesting to deal with.
How do I apply for a Diners Club Black credit card?
You can apply for the card either online or by visiting any of your nearest HDFC Bank branches. You can also connect with the HDFC credit card service provider to use.
My card has been declined. Who can I speak with about this?
Any questions related to your Diners Club card, as well as any other account inquiries, can be answered by your local card provider.
For further assistance, please visit your local Diners Club website or use the contact us area to reach a representative in your country of residence.
What do I need to access Diners Club airport lounges?
All you require to access the airport lounge is your Diners Club card which lets you access 1000 Diners Club airport lounges worldwide.
After checking into your flight, you can proceed to the lounge entrance, where you have to show your Diners Club card & boarding pass to the airport authority.
You are required to pay lounge access fee if any guest is visiting with you.
If I add a cardholder to my account, can that cardholder use the card to access Diners Club airport lounges without paying a fee?
Yes. All Diners Club cardholders with valid card accounts will be granted access to any of their 1000 airport lounges worldwide.