SBI has launched a unique card a few years back, which is named Doctor’s SBI card. It is one of the fantastic ideas a bank has come to, but SBI is not the first to develop this. So can you guess which is the first bank to have this?
If you are a credit card lover, then definitely you would have to guess the correct answer. It was HDFC Bank. No one knows how from where HDFC gets this wholesome idea. But let us come back to the point.
SBI has made this card to give maximum benefits to the doctors. Now let us see what is there in this card. This card is provided only to doctors who are associated with Indian Medical Association (IMA).
SBI Doctor’s Card Fees
* Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs.2,00,000 in a year
SBI Doctor’s Card Features & Benefits
- Welcome Benefit: E-voucher from Yatra.com worth Rs.1,500
- Milestone Benefit: Vouchers worth Rs.5000 from Yatra.com/Bata/Shoppers Stop on spending Rs.5,00,000
- Fuel Surcharge: 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction ranging Rs.500-Rs.4000.
- 5X RPs on Medical Supplies, Travel Booking & International Spends of every Rs.100
- 5X RPs on all spending took place on Doctor’s Day.
- 1RP on all other spends of Rs.100
- 4RP = Rs.1.00
- Reward Redemption Fee: Rs.99+tax
- One who is a salaried or a self-practicing doctor for the last three years.
- Age: Should be between 21 years to 65 years
- Annual Income should be more than Rs.1,50,000
Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Indemnity Insurance Cover: Rs.20,00,000
- Reimburse all legal & defense costs, out-of-court settlement expenses & court awards
- 0% sum insured would be deductible
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- Visit the credit card application page of the SBI website
- Check up eligibility for the card
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Copies of medical degree or certificate of registration from State Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
- IT return of an annual year
- Copies of bank statement of last 6 months
SBI Doctor’s Card International Benefit
- International Lounge Access: 4 visits/year
- Complimentary PP membership
- $27+tax would be charged after exhausting the given limit
- Domestic Lounge Access: 8 visits/year
|Complimentary Priority Pass membership||Low reward point on retail spend|
|5X reward points on all major spends|
- 35% off on Avis Car Rentals
- Up to 15% off on Limo Airport Transfer service
- 20% discount on Airport Fastrack Immigration Counter at 450+ airports
It is a fantastic initiative done by banks to provide unique services to medical staff. To make you feel more special, they emboss your professional qualification & the salutation. The rewards offered are also good plus has a low annual fee.
Feel fee to share your thoughts about the card in comment section.
Is it possible to pay MasterCard credit card bills using Visa Credit Card?
No, it is not possible to pay Mastercard bills through Visa supporting credit cards.
In such case, you can call to ask for help or better to visit a nearby branch to stay away from the hassle of phone calls