Citibank cashback credit card holds much more value than Citibank Reward Credit Card. This is because cash back earned is easy to use and can be redeemed in any form, except credit statements.
The cashback provided is 0.5% on any payment. Although, if you hold any credit card like HDFC Regalia or Amex Smart Earn Credit Card, there are fewer chances of using this card. Because the reward on this card is much exciting than that of the Citibank Cashback card.
- 5% cashback on telephone & utility payment
- 5% cashback on movie ticket purchases
- 0.5% cashback on all other purchases
- Benefits up to Rs.3000 in the first year
The reward rate provided is reasonable, but as I mentioned earlier, anyone who already has a premium credit card is less likely to use it. Thinking why? Because most premium cards give movie tickets and sort of voucher as a reward for free.
Then why one would make payment for the same, when he/she is getting a lot in vouchers. But here, you can make use of this card for bills & utility payments.
Indusind Platinum Aura Credit Card Review
- Up to Rs.3000 cashback on rent payment
- Decent cashback on lifestyle & wellness spent
- Up to 20% savings on paying at partner restaurants
- Travel & Lifestyle Services
For Salaried Individual :
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Latest two salary slips
For Self employed Individual
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- ITR, along with financial balance sheets and audits
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- Visit the credit card application page of the Citi Bank website
- Check up eligibility for the card
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
This is a decent card that rewards us in the form of cashback. However, it does not give any other kind of reward as in the form of points.
It gives 5% cashback on bills and utility payment.
You can keep this card if you want a credit card just for casual spending. Otherwise, there is nothing much offered on this card.
You can watch for other options from SBI & HDFC if you are looking for a dynamic card with a strong reward game.
- Fuel surcharge waiver: Nil
- Lounge access: Nil
- Joining fee: Rs.500+Tax
- Interest rate: 3.75% per month
|5% cashback||No fuel waiver|
|Low joining fees|
This a beginner-level card, and this is going to be beneficial for you if you have only this as a credit card. The one specialty of cashback cards is to redeem cashback in any format, except statement credit.
Hence, I found Citibank’s cashback credit card better as compared to Citibank’s reward card.
How to initiate funds transfer with Citi
With the help of Citi Bank internet banking services, you can initiate funds transfer online to a person with any bank account in the country with the click of a button. It’s free, quick, and hassle-free.
Either by logging in to Citibank Online or by using Citibank Mobile App to initiate the transfer. You can make the transfer by any of the following means.
How to block Citibank Cashback credit card & apply for new?
- 1: Log in to Citibank Online
- 2: In the menu click on the Card tab
- 3: Click ‘Report Lost/Stolen card’ and follow the steps outlined on the screen.
- 4: Click on the card you want to block, state the reason for it & also apply for the new card.
- 5: Now, you’ll get your Citibank card shortly
What kinds of credit cards are offered by Citi Bank?
Citibank offers Domestic as well as International cards.
‘Customers can use international’ credit cards in India and all other countries of the world. However, you can not make any transaction with that card in Nepal & Bhutan,
‘Domestic only’ card is used with the merchants registered in India only. If you want a card for domestic use only, then choose ‘Citibank Rewards Domestic Card.’