American Express is one of the premium card providers in the world. If you want to experience the luxury provided by credit cards, you must go for Amex premium cards. One of those is Amex Platinum Charge Card.
American Express Platinum Card, issued as a metal card, is a super premium credit card from American Express India known for its premium travel benefits. It’s a charge card, hence no pre-set limit to it. Let us see what has offered on the card
|Welcome Benefit||1,00,000 Membership reward Point OR Rs.45,000 |
Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta Hotels vouchers
|Eligibility||– 15L for Self Employed Individual|
– 25L for Salaried Individual
|Foreign Currency Markup||3.5%|
The option between 1,00,000 reward points and vouchers are pretty. As it helps those who do not travel frequently, they can use points for any other use provided by Amex.
American Express Platinum Reward Points
- 1RP on every INR40 spent.
- 1 Membership RP = Rs.0.50-1.00
- 3X Membership Reward Point on international spend
American Express Platinum Travel Benefits
- Access to 1200+ lounges globally
- As a Platinum Cardmember, enjoy exclusive deals on some of the world’s finest airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Air France, KLM, Delta Airlines, and more.
- Complimentary benefits worth INR 37,000 at iconic 5-star properties.
- There is late checkout, room upgrade, WiFi, breakfast for two, and many more amenities being a platinum cardholder.
- 25% off at Taj, SeleQtions, and Vivanta Hotels.
American Express Platinum Elite Tier Membership Benefits
Taj InnerCircle Silver Tier
- Taj Epicure
- On spending for dining and spa, you will earn 25% of the bill as Epicure points.
- You will get to earn 50% of your spending as Epicure points on three dining transactions every year.
- Also, you will get room upgrade vouchers.
- Taj InnerCircle
- Earn Rate-5% of Eligible Spends
- Late Check-Out, subject to availability
- 10% Discount on Room Redemptions
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- An upgrade to an enhanced room at the time of check-in as per availability
- Late checkout up to 2 pm, subject to availability.
- Receive a welcome gift of points upon arrival.
Yes Bank’s Yes Private Prime Credit Card
Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Staying the night at Hilton Honors will give you 80% more rewards than a regular day visit.
- Enjoy daily continental breakfast for you & up to one additional guest at select brands.
- If you book your stay with reward points, you will receive the 5th night free.
- The more you stay, the more you earn – You can make approx. 10,000 Bonus Points if you stay for more than 10 nights in a year
Radisson Rewards Gold Status
- You can use your reward points to making a booking here. Booking starts with 12,000 points at more than 1,500 hotels worldwide.
- Earn 25 points per the U.S. $1 spent on qualifying hotel stays and food and beverage purchases.
- 15% discount on food and beverages.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- Up to 15% off on published rates
- 25% discount on Hertz Prestige Collection
- 4 hour return grace period when returning the vehicle
- Free additional driver for spouse/civil partner
American Express Platinum Features
- Air Accident Cover: 5 crore
- Baggage/luggage Cover: Rs.50,000
- Overseas Medical Insurance: US$50,000
- Travel Assistance: Up to INR12 lakhs
This is a premium-level charge card that is available to high-net-worth individuals. The benefits and membership the card offers are so fantastic.
All the travel benefits offered by this card are super amazing. We used this card for some years and the rewards curated out of all our transaction is totally worth spending.
This card suits you best if you love to live luxury and has good spending capability.
For Salaried Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.25,00,000
For Self Employed Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.1,00,000
- The company has been trading for more than 12 months.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 12 months
- Bank Statement of last 24 months
- ITR of two annual year
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the American Express website to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
|Good for travelers||High joining fees|
|Premium Tier memberships|
Overall, it’s an amazing card and is beneficial for someone who loves travel and premium experiences.
It is a card that gives you more good rewards if you spend using this with family members. Gift your loved ones this add-on card and try to earn extra profit you can. The concierge is available 24X7.
How to apply for American Express Platinum Credit card?
You can apply for the card by clicking Apply Now button given above, or you can apply by visiting American Expresses’ website. Also, you can visit their branch to apply for the same.
What is the interest rate charged on outstanding balance?
American Express charges 3.5% of interest rate on outstanding balance.
What are different types of membership provided on AmEx Platinum Card?
- Taj InnerCircle Silver Tier
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Radisson Rewards Gold Status
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards and more