You might are thinking, why we have a written charge card instead of a credit card? But let me clarify that the card provided by American Express is a charge card and not a credit card. Here in this article, we are going to brief you about the American Express Gold Charge card.
Most of the people here in India think that they only have different names, nothing much. But wait! this can not be true.
There is a difference between a charge card and a credit card. In credit cards you have a prescribed limit, you can only spend the limit allotted to you.
But in charged cards there is no preset limit, you can spend according to your requirement, but it doesn’t allow you to convert your spendings to EMIs or move on just by paying minimum dues.
American Express Charge Card
American Express Charge Cards are designed to enhance every aspect of your rich life, such as air miles, hotel accommodation, and shopping vouchers.
They also provide elite tier membership, hotel room upgrades, access to exclusive benefits, and much more. All you are required to do is to earn these amazing rewards by simply using the card.
|First Year||Rs.1,000 plus applicable taxes|
|Second Year||Rs.4,500 plus applicable taxes|
- Earn 1 Membership RP every Rs.50 spent.
- Enjoy the flexibility to redeem your Points from over 500+ exciting redemption options. Including leading airlines and hotels, electronics, and more.
- You can redeem points against the fabulous 18 and 24 Karat Gold Collection
For working individual
- Should be over 18 years of age
- Should have a good credit history and no defaults in re-payment
- Annual Income is required to be more than 6 lakhs
For self employed individuals
- The company has been in working mode for more than 12 months
- Should have a current residential address in India
Enjoy access to noteworthy travel benefits under The Hotel Collection. Enjoy a room upgrade; as per availability, and a US$100 hotel credit when you stay two continuous nights at 400+ hotels worldwide.
American Express Dining Offers
You can get benefits up to 20% every time you select to dine with a dining partner.
Services provided to gold card holders
- 24X7 Card Related Assistance
- Dispute Resolution
- Zero lost card liability
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Two Supplementary Gold Cards at no additional cost.
How to apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the American Express website for applying for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
|Low-income requirement||No lounge access|
|Low joining fees|
This can be your go-to card if you have another card as your primary card. The reason behind this is that American Express is not accepted everywhere hence you have to keep this as your secondary card.
Although it does not provide any lounge access but the rewards offered by this card in the form of an 18k/24k gold collection are something amazing.
You can also try the card by keeping it for one year as it started charging heavy fees from the second year onwards.
American Express cards are not accepted everywhere and this is one of the biggest drawbacks this has. Most of the merchants don’t accept Amex cards.
Few who accept charge a fee that is higher as compared to visa and MasterCard holders. So you’re suggested to check the acceptability of the card and also try to keep any backup card in case if required.
What is the credit limit on my American Express Gold Charge Card?
The credit card limit is known to you when the card is issued. Also, you can refer to your credit statement to check your credit limit.
What happens when I temporarily block my card?
On blocking card temporarily, you are not able to make any transactions via it. However, all your EMI’s and bills associated with the card are payable by you.
How much does the American Express Gold Charge card charge foreign currency fees?
They charges 3.5% of foreign exchange markup fee