American Express(Amex) is in the market for a large time with its Everyday Spend Gold Credit Card, but that card never satisfied the market. Now after a little bit of alteration, they have launched a new card. The card name Amex Smart earn Credit Card. Here is the detail of same:
Amex Joining Fee
|Renewal Fee Waive||Renewal fee waived off on spending Rs.40,000 in a year|
|Welcome Bonus||Rs.500 on spending Rs.10,000 within 90 days|
This is an entry-level card, designed for beginners. The fee waiver adjustment is quite fair.
Bank of Baroda Eterna Credit Card
Amex Reward Rate
- 1 MR Point for every Rs.50 spend
- Reward Rate: 0.5% – 1%
- 10X Rewards (Reward Rate: 5% to 10%)
- 5X Rewards (Reward Rate: 2.5% to 5%)
- Max Cap for 10X (500 Points / merchant / month)
- Max Cap for 5X (250 Points / month)
You can earn up to 1250 reward point on spending INR7500 per month. Want to know how? then look at the points mentioned below:
- On Spending INR 2500 in a month on our 10X Partner (Flipkart), you will earn 500 Membership Reward.
- By spending INR2500 in a month on our 10X Partner (Uber), you will earn 500 Membership Rewards points.
- On Spending INR 2500 in a month with 5X Partner, you will earn 250 Membership Rewards Points.
American Express Gold Charge Card
Services available on your card:
- 24X7 Card Related Assistance
- Dispute Resolution
- Zero Lost Card Liability
- Emergency Card Replacement
- The Add the card is available at no additional cost.
For Salaried Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.4,50,000
For Self Employed Individual:
- Age: Over 18 years
- Annual Income: more than Rs.6,00,000
- The company has been trading for more than 12 months.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, Ration Card
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Lease/Rent Agreement, Utility Bills
- Income Proof: Salary Slip of last 6 months
- Bank Statement of last 6 months
- ITR of an annual year
How To Apply?
You can apply for the card in the following manner:
- You have to visit the American Express website to apply for the card.
- Fill up all the information to apply for the card
- Submit all the necessary documents required for the credit card
This can be your go-to card if you have another card as your primary card. This is because American Express is not accepted everywhere; hence, you have to keep this as your secondary card.
The card gives a reward rate of ~2%, which is very low. Also, it does not provide any other sort of benefits like lounge access, or dining offers, movie offers.
This card is good for you if you get it as lifetime free or you spend using the card at their partner merchants only.
|Low joining fee||Low reward rate on other spend|
|5X reward rate at partner merchants|
- Forex markup fee: 2%
- Lounge Access: Nil
- Fuel surcharge waiver: No
- Reward rate: ~2%
You can go for this card if you’re looking for an entry-level card. Or, if you are a beginner, this card will provide you fine rewards. If you are an Amex lover and want to keep an Amex card, then this is what you can go.
Although, rewards provided by HDFC Regalia First Credit Card are somewhat more impressive. American Express is expected to add some more bonuses or offers to make a card more competitive.
Do MR points expire?
All Cardmembers enrolled in Frequent Traveler Option enjoy Membership Rewards points with no expiry.
For all Cardmembers enrolled in the Non-Frequent Traveler option, points expire 2 years after the 12-month “Enrollment Period” in which they are earned.
For all Cardmembers enrolled in the General Frequent Traveler option, points expire 3 years after the 12-month “Enrollment Period” in which they are earned.
How to check my Membership Rewards points?
Membership rewards points can be checked by logging in to your AmEx account. Then click on the rewards tab to know more.
Can I use my AmEx smart earn credit card abroad ?
3.5% of foreign currency markup is charged on international transaction