American Express from a long time known for its premium credit card services. Membership Reward credit card (MRCC) has one of the highly rewarding entry level card in the country.
Though its a basic card but the rewards earned on this card is way better then super premium cards of the country. Let’s se what is provided in this card by American Express.
Amex Membership Reward Card Fees
|Type of Fee||Charges|
|Renewal fee waiver||50% on spending more than Rs.90,000 in a year|
100% on spending more than Rs.1,50,000 in a year
|Welcome Bonus||4000 Reward Points|
The renewal fee might look high, but the fee waiver is not so difficult to achieve. One can easily spend ~Rs.1,00,000 if he/she is eligible to hold the card.
Amex Membership Reward Card Rewards
- 1 MR point in spending Rs.50 on everything except, Fuel, Insurance, Utilities & EMI conversion at point of sale.
- Bonus Membership Reward Point:
- Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for simply using your Card 4 times on transactions of Rs.1,500 and above during each calendar month.
- Monthly Milestone benefit:
- Earn an additional 1,000 Membership Rewards points simply by spending INR 20,000 or more in a calendar month.
- Additional Rewards:
- Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points upon First Year Card Renewal, on payment of annual membership fee.
You can redeem these points against Gold collection, Taj voucher, Tanishq voucher, Amazon e-voucher.
- 24X7 Card Related Assistance
- Dispute Resolution
- Zero lost Card liability
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Two Supplementary Membership Rewards Credit Cards at no additional cost
Amex Membership Reward Card Benefit
The major advantage of having American Express is that it is easily acceptable everywhere. They come up with astounding reward every time. Although they are less aggressive from last two years but hoping that they will come up with some good news in future.
If you are new to Amex then MRCC is the best card for you to start relationship with Amex. Also the rewards provided is decent and can give you good amount of return on all your spending.
The return earned can be maximized by applying some strategy.
Can I obtain cash using the Card?
Yes, American Express Cards enable you to obtain cash by enrolling in the Express Cash facility.
What is the credit limit on my Credit Card?
You will be informed of your credit limit when you are issued your Card. Log on to Online Services to access information on your Card account, including your credit limit information or check your available credit limit on the Amex App. You may also refer to your account statement to check the credit limit on your Credit card.
How do I switch off paper statements?
You can switch off paper statements by calling up Customer Care. It is easy to access your statements. Login to your Online Account or visit the Amex App to view statements for the last 6 months.